Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lent 2012


I will start off by admitting, I'm not sure if I'm Catholic.  Yes, I was raised Catholic and when there are important masses to attend, I will be there in full spirit.  I do believe in god and do my best to maintain my spiritual side with prayer, keeping faith, and having hope.  I hope to be able to give a more definite answer after some time.  Moving on to the topic of lent, this year I gave up my biggest distraction, facebook.  I'm not going to lie, I did not do it as a sacrifice per se but I'm hoping what comes out of it will be positive.  I wanted to make time and energy so I will be able to work on relationships that are meaningful, my heart/spiritual side, and other things that will bring me happiness.  Today it has been a week since the start of lent.  The first day without facebook was hard but now I have my energy refocused on other things and I'm glad facebook is not there to distract me.  

2 comments:

  1. Religion can sometimes be challenging, because if you are open about it, it seems like more people are out there to judge you or waiting for you to mess up. It shouldn't be that way. It is a relationship between you and God. I am happy you are getting into your spiritual side. I wish you well Liz and I hope these forty days help you learn about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capture. Share. Win. I like that Liz! Great image. And I also like that you are embarking in the Lenten journey. Like Jackie, I wish you the best with your spiritual discovery and I fully support you in anything you need. Just let me know. Have a wonderful, transforming Lent!

    ReplyDelete